Sunday, October 16, 2011

Count Down to Furlough

It never ceases to amaze me how my husband can get involved in some of the biggest projects just before we have to push off to the States or anywhere for that matter! Mind you, we don't have a permanent house so each time we are renting somewhere and packing up and storing our things somewhere! It's a major move each time for me. For him, it's not as big of a deal. Thank goodness he is patient with me and kicks me out the door somehow! It's like the crunch feel! It's hurts me to be pushed, but he gets the job done! His strength, my weakness thing.

This time, we are in a rush to get the pastoral house covered with a roof before we leave for 6 months. Although we do our best to make our plans. The Lord ultimately is boss!
While he is working hard, I am at home, organizing all our stuff and trying to rid of the "little things" and packing up little by little. I am so not professional and still stress each time.(If I count right I think this is our 9th move since we left our home in 2004). So needless to say I will be very ready to get on that plane and have a break from all the packing and thinking.

The kids are excited and then have moments of reluctancy. It's a lot of transition for them, but they do very well. I think I am included in that at times too.
But mostly we are excited to see family and friends and be in different climate. I personally am ready for 100% English and a culture I understand and where I can be understood!

I will feel torn a bit leaving our friends in Brazil who are doing the work without us, but I pray strength and protection over them in our absence. God is with them at all times.

Below is a brief itinerary:

Oct 22-Altamira
Oct 28-Manaus
Oct 31- LAX and reunite with family
Nov 28th? heading to S. Oregon

We don't have return dates yet. That just means we get to ask our Father in heaven for the money to return in His timing . This doesn't mean we are staying in the States. So pray with us to that we can return by mid May, if it's the Lord's will!

Ways to Pray
1. We need a vehicle(7 passenger) for our time in Oregon
2. Finances for return tickets
3. Good health for re-entry
4. Refreshing and Rest!

Thank you for your love and support! If you would like to donate to help with our expenses of furlough, you can donate to our home church in the States. They are helping us immensely in our transition. Send your tax deductable gifts to:
Cornerstone Church

269 West Harbeck Road,

Grants Pass, OR 97527-5635

Please make a note that it is for Bergquist Furlough.



Thank you!






1 comment:

Bernie said...

Heloooo Bergquists!
It will be fantastic to see you. I'll need aome kind of a phone number.
Anytime you're in the Medford area you can count on a pitstop (long or short) in the Phoenix area.
Bernie
541-621-7467